The Empowering Parents Empowering Communities (EPEC) Being A Parent Course aims to improve child development and outcomes, parenting, family resilience and family relationships. The Being a Parent course creates a trusting group ethos, where parents are encouraged and supported to explore:
- Positive behaviour management and discipline strategies.
- Managing parent and family stress.
- Understanding and managing children’s feelings.
- Parent listening, communication, play and interaction skills.
- Attachment and parent-child relationships.
- Parenting roles, expectations and culture.
The course is run by Parents for Parents, is completely free and is aimed at parents in Leeds who have one or more children between the ages of 2 to 11 years. It does not run during school holidays.
The course starts on Monday January 20th 2020 and will be held at Templenewsam Halton Primary School between 1-3pm.
For further information please click here