RKLT’s Temple Newsam Community Partnership has a Cluster Team who works with our local schools and partners to provide a comprehensive package of targeted and universal support for local children, young people and families experiencing social, emotional and/ or behavioural difficulties. The team currently consists of the following:
Leadership and Community Team
- Lisa Oxley – Cluster and Targeted Services Leader
- Gemma Sargeant – Cluster Manager
- Rachel Stockdill – Cluster Community Development Manager
This team provides leadership and coordination of all targeted and universal Cluster services including:
- 1:1 support for children and young people
- 1:1 support for parents and carers
- Advice, guidance and consultation for schools and partners
- Supervision and training
- Communications and marketing
- Community volunteer programme
- Community and adult learning opportunities
- Community projects
- School holiday activity programmes
- Wider community links, partnerships and opportunities
- Strategic links to Leeds City Council, NHS and the third sector in order to shape children and family services across Leeds
Parent Support Team
- Bev Scott – Cluster Parent Support Worker
- Kath Riach – Cluster Parent Support Worker
This team provides 1:1 early intervention support for parents and carers, delivers evidence based parent support groups and courses, and provides advice, guidance and consultation for schools and partners. In reality the team also provides intensive family support, alongside specialist services, to children and families who are amongst the most vulnerable in Leeds e.g. those at risk of being taken into care, those on child protection plans and those that have been adopted/ fostered or in special guardianship arrangements.
Emotional Wellbeing Team
- Hannah Allen – Cluster Emotional Wellbeing Worker
- Lizzie Wiltshire – Cluster Emotional Wellbeing Worker
- Janina Grimshaw – Cluster Emotional Wellbeing Worker
- Jayne Wilson – Cluster Counsellor
This team provides 1:1 early intervention emotional wellbeing and counselling support for children and young people. In particular they support children and young people experiencing issues with low mood, anxiety, self-harm and suicidal ideation. Advice, guidance and consultation is also offered to schools and partners. In reality this team also support children who are at risk of, or have attempted suicide, or that have or are at risk of significant mental health breakdown. They support schools and families to manage this risk in universal settings alongside specialist services.
- Rachel Lee – Cluster Attendance Manager
Our Attendance Manager works 1:1 with children, young people and families to ensure positive attendance at school. Rachel can also provide advice, guidance and support for schools and partners. Where positive improvements are not made by families, Rachel can prepare cases for legal intervention when appropriate to do so.
- Jan Ridsdale – Cluster Inclusion Manager
Our Inclusion Manager works 1:1 with children and young people with special educational needs and/ or disabilities. Jan also works with parents and carers to provide relevant support and strategies for children and young people with SEND. Jan can also offer screening in school for ADHD and Autistic Spectrum Condition. Advice, guidance and consultation is offered to schools and partners in relation to special needs.
Please speak to your child’s school in the first instance if you have any support needs of your own that you would like to discuss